Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would run them thru the dishwasher and wash the lids in hot soapy water in the sink, rinse well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, My lids have a backing on them that will stick to the bottle/jar. Would I still want to wash the lids by hand or dishwasher or don't worry about washing?

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Are your jars dirty when you get them? And your lids? Don't your lids come in a bag inside a box? Unless I've been doing it wrong for 20 years, the jars and lids that I use I consider clean and not in need of washing. That's one reason that the jars come in boxes w/ the bottom of the jar facing the top of the box, so nothing falls into them.

I think you are wasting time and energy and being over cautious. That or I have been doing it wrong and so have all of the other honey packers I know.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think you are wasting time and energy and being over cautious. That or I have been doing it wrong and so have all of the other honey packers I know.
Tour a honey packer sometime...you'll go home and wonder why you even worry about 90% of the things you do. Especially when you see them take barrels of chinese honey straight from the parking lot rusty and coverd in mud and put them in an oven.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts