Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you begin to receive swarm calls? Do you leave your name and number with local police and fire departments?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Get yourself listed on this and other websites as someone who captures swarms. Calling the city animal control is a good way to do it as well.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I get 99% of mine from animal control and the county ext. office.

·
Registered
371 Posts
An add on craigslist has led to a lot of cut outs for me, and a few swarm calls, i think i get a lot of responce for the cut outs because so few people around me keep bees, and the ones that do wont touch a cut out.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Do you want us to pm you here or hit the contact link on that site. Thanks Barry!!

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
Wow, that didn't take long! :D

Yeah, I guess I better set down the layout right away.

Please use this format when sending me the info. Eventually the form will require you to enter info in this format. Still adding states.

Name:
Location (where you live): (example: Baltimore, MD)
Phone #(s):
Email:
Comments: (Give description of the scope of work performed, areas you will work, prices (including FREE), and any other info you want listed.

Thanks.

At this point, you can send me this info by any means.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
My bee club has a website with a swarm list. Pest control companies, & police departments have referred people to me using the clubs web site.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Don't forget the Community Service section on Craigslist. I got a call yesterday from an ad that I placed on that site.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The animal control and county extension offices are great suggestions. I would also suggest you contact your local 9-1-1 dispatch center (please call their business number- not 9-1-1!!) and ask to talk to a supervisor. Tell them who you are and what you do. Ask that they put you on their call list for bee removal. Virtually all dispatch centers have a list like that and people almost always call 9-1-1 when there is a swarm near by (trust me-people freak out). They would be the ones to know about a swarm even before animal control in many cases. I would also talk to your local fire department and give them the same information. Good luck!
-Kevin

·
Registered
583 Posts
In our small towns try the city halls, sherriffs office, conservation dept and local pest control guys, they dont like messing w/ bee's! anymore word of mouth gives me a few. So far 4 calls this season(2 where over 6 hrs away so I search the sites and foun folks closer!). Kinda slow this year so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts