Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added frames of foundation to the brood chambers of all my hives, for swarm prevention. (Thanks for the tip Michael!) They are all medium strength. when will i need to do it again? Thanks, Paul.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,199 Posts
I'd check back in about three weeks or so and see what the brood nest looks like. By then all those will have been drawn, layed, and some will have emerged. See if the brood nest is filling up with necatar, and if it is, put some more empty frames in.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again Michael! You are a great guide and very generous to share your wisdom. Allready my hives are doing much better than last year. I appreciate all your help! Thanks for being here! I am starting to see the neccessity of keeping some records and a bee calendar. I have only seven hives, but already I am losing track of what exactly is in each hive and what they need and when. Being successful in beekeeping seems to require a relatively high level of organization. Thanks for steering me down the right path! Adios, Paul.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Paul I have to agree with you Michael provides us with a lot of good information. If it were not for people like Michael, Chef I., and Sundance who are just a few of the people that post great information for us new to beekeeping. I would like to thank them all. Berry I think it is who runs this site needs to get a lot of credit also.

Owen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts