Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an unused small barn, and it will be perfect as a hobbest honey house. Have a powered maxtant extractor, uncapping tools, etc. Setting everything up this year. I might offer the house out to others in my area.

What's the normal rate or payment for using a honey house?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Do you have running water hot and cold? What I charge is a simple fee do to the fact Bee keeping is not cheap. my fee is come over i help uncapp enjoy your company and I keep your cappings. the capping have ten to five percent of the honey left. so I get some of their honey after i spin the cappings. then I have the wax to sell or make candles out of. No money out the persons hands and I have a whole lot of beek friends.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cold water and a sink but not hot

Not really worried about the money, but would be nice to get some extra local honey.

I was thinking of like asking 10% of the honey. That sound about right?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
You might look into on of the little 2 or 5 gallon eletric water heater. For less than $200. You can have hot water. My Paint shop in the garage has had one for twenty year and I wouldn't know what to do with out it. In fact I am thinking of setting up a water line with a water pump to heat honey with. A coil of line around a five gallon bucket and pump the water.
David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts