Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering how many of the beeks that have stuck their hands out as government welfare recipients and are receiving a bee bailout are on small cell and/or are not treating?

In other words if you are a small cell operation or chemical treatment free [chemicals that you would not spoon in your own mouth] are you receiving the government bee bailout?

Or can we assume that the only ones that are receiving the bee bailout are either treating with chemicals or on large cells.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Pretty condecending towards those who might chose to participate in what some might see as a legitimate government program, aren't you?

Wayne

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm kind of confused. Are you mad at people on large cell/using treatments for taking goverment money, or at people on small cell/not using treatments for not taking governement money? or both? Why do you assume that the small cell people aren't getting this money? I don't want to get anyone angry, I'm just not really sure what's going on. :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pretty condecending
:scratch:What in the world are you talking about?:waiting:

some might see as a legitimate government program,? Wayne
:scratch: The questions was not whether it was a legitimate governernment program or not. The questions is if only those who treat and/or are on large cell are the ones having to participate in the program because of heavy losses; or rather if any who are on small cell and not treating are going to the government for a bailout.:cry:

Danny

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm kind of confused.
I agree

Are you mad at people on large cell/using treatments for taking goverment money, or at people on small cell/not using treatments for not taking governement money?
Neither.

Why do you assume that the small cell people aren't getting this money?
Where did you get that I was assuming anything? WOWwee. I don't assume that is why I was asking:lpf:.

I don't want to get anyone angry, I'm just not really sure what's going on. :)
Who's angry? I am trying to figure out if those on small cell and/or not using chemicals for treatments are having to have the government bail them out in their bee enterprise. SHEESH:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,000 Posts
:scratch:What in the world are you talking about?:waiting:
Then why the angry face in the thread title? That sets the tone of your post. Perhaps you should replace it with a smiley if you don't want to come across angry.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Then why the angry face in the thread title? That sets the tone of your post. Perhaps you should replace it with a smiley if you don't want to come across angry.
Didn't mean to post the angry face. When I went to edit it was there so I guess I clicked it accidentally. Then when I tried to remove it during the edit I couldn't, but will try again right now. :)

Ok didn't know I had to go advanced that should take care of it.

Well, it still didn't change it Barry. Just change it if you can.

Danny

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
It wasn't the angry face. It seemed to me that you were making a political statement rather than conducting some type of survey.

Who do you expect to actually answer? To participate, one must accept your judgement that one is some sort of social parasite.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I would imagine the vast majority of the "welfare $$$" (your term) from the "bee bailout" (your term) are distributed to commercial/sideliner beekeepers who "stuck their hands out" (your verbage) whom I believe for the most part are on standard cell and treat. IMO there are very few commercial operations running on small cell or operating chem free and therefore probably very few small cell/chem free beekeepers are applying for and recieving this "welfare" (again your term). Pretty condescending IMO. :(

·
Registered
507 Posts
My computer says the link is broken. I don't want to throw rocks at anyone, I just want to know what the parameters are for the program and what its all about.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It wasn't the angry face.
Whew, good.

It seemed to me that you were making a political statement rather than conducting some type of survey.
Exactly what in my post led you to believe that?

Who do you expect to actually answer?
:scratch: Uhg, maybe those who are on small cell and/or without chemical treatment and participating in the bee bailout.

To participate, one must accept your judgement that one is some sort of social parasite. Wayne
Wow? where did I state "that one is some sort of social parasite."? Glad you said that and not me. And not I guess you have participated, but oh I guess you think that they are some "sort of social parasite" Right?

Danny

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
:lpf:Confession time:

1. I am not angry at the government bee bailout program. I don't agree with it.

2. No, I didn't think anyone would respond to the survey.

3. What I was angry at is all the thread slamming small cell and no treatment beeks and all the so-called scientific studies which come to the conclusion that small cell doesn't work, without studying those who have had success with small cell. That includes me since I have lost no colonies on small cells, and I don't treat. These threads methinks are started specifically to influence new beeks not to try small cell, and have added nothing to all the other derogatory thread against small cell.

4. After a while I was going to reach a conclusion that only those who treat and who are on large cell receive government benefits, and such conclusion would have been as assinine as the conclusions being reached on the so-called scientific small cell conclusions.

5. When I originally started this thread I did not intentionally click the angry icon and even tried to remove it. But I could have just not posted the thread but chose to anyway. I guess today I have way to much time on my hands :).

Kindest Regards
Danny

Kindest Regards
Danny Unger

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Wow? where did I state "that one is some sort of social parasite."? Glad you said that and not me. And not I guess you have participated, but oh I guess you think that they are some "sort of social parasite" Right?

Danny
Huh?

Though I haven't participated in the government program, I don't think any one who did is any more of a social parasite than you are if you drive on roads built with public funds.

Too bad you didn't just say what you had on your mind. That's the problem with threads like this.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I use commercial foundation. I use chemical treatments for varroa and feed fumagilin now. I lost over 450 hives from a high of 950 last summer. I'm not participating in the Gov program. I pondered it and felt it was better not to. I don't need the Gov coming this year and saying "You had a great year now we want our money back" or "We found the cause of all these problems and it was you so we want our money back".

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Danny, things boring out your way? Itching for an argument?
Here's the deal. The federal funds for lost hives are going to the large commercial beekeepers. Since there aren't any of those on small cell...you already know the answer to your question.
Your post really belongs down in the tailgater.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I use chemical treatments for varroa and feed fumagilin now. I lost over 450 hives from a high of 950 last summer. I'm not participating in the Gov program. I pondered it and felt it was better not to. I don't need the Gov coming this year and saying "You had a great year now we want our money back" or "We found the cause of all these problems and it was you so we want our money back".
Beeslave you are on my prayer list for success. I do not condemn those who think they must treat to survive. I just don't think it is the best way to keep bees. But I understand beeks have to make a living. Nor have I condemned anyone that has taken the government payment for bees. If you pay taxes you have as much right to the welfare payments as anyone; but I do think to take the entitlements leads to dependency. I commend you for taking a stand, and may the Lord Bless you and Keep you.

Kindest Regards
Danny

1 - 20 of 23 Posts