Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got hive top feeders on my hives with Fumagillan-B in sugarwater/Honey B-Healthy. How long do I give the bees to eat the one gallon before worrying of it spoiling. We've had fluctuating temperatures. Freezes every night, but the sugar water doesn't. Daytime highs: we hit sixties today, but usually temps have been in 30's, 40s. Will it last two weeks? Longer?

The bees are active. I know one hive that I've looked at real good had an impressive amount of capped honey left over. The hives are gathering pollen.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Your syrup should last two weeks. If they do not finish it off in two weeks, they probably did not need it. You might catch some flack from medicating when honey is present. It is against the directions for the treatment and illegal in some states. They are starting to dish out some hefty fines to pay for all the new government programs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, its discontinue medicine before the honey flow/putting on honey supers. This is the wintering supply of honey. I'm surprised they had any left.

But thanks on the two weeks deal.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I fed my bees this spring they hardly started taking it when the blooms started. they ate very little and are doing good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts