Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an adult hive beetle infestation in my garage. I was experimenting with melting old discarded comb and had some partially processed wax in the garage which evidently attracted the beetles. The wax has now been placed in the freezer. But the adult hive beetles are persisting. For several weeks now every time I walk thru the garage I have been collecting them with a bugzooka or just squishing them. I leave a light on at night and they seem to be attracted to it. And I walk in every few hours to collect them. I thought that they would start to dissappear but no such luck. Do you have any other ideas on how to get rid of them?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Put out a pie pan with some canola oil in it. put a rag around the pie pan so the beetles can climb up to the edge of the pan. Add a little bit of apple cider vingar as an attractant, or use a piece of honeycomb. You should catch some this way. They hide in cracks and crevices so vacuuming the area may help if you use the crevice nozzle. But they hunker down and hold tight when the bees try and get them, so you may not get all of them with a vacuum.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
I've never tried this so can't say if it would work or not, but my first thought on reading your problem was to close up the garage and set off a bug-bomb. They can be gotten at most grocery stores or hardware stores.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts