Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family has some land in San Diego's backcountry. We used to have a relationship with a beekeeper who had hives located throughout the East County, but he was affected by the fires (and then a fire at a processing plant?) and never returned.

We'd be open to some sort of arrangement with a beekeeper. I contacted a couple local beekeepers and the local beekeeping society, but got no response.

When I search for beekeepers on the Internet, all I get is swarm removal.

Is there a matchmaking system somewhere for apiarists and interested landowners?

Thanks,

T.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My personal "matchmaking system" is craigslist. I've posted an ad this year and last looking for places to put new apiaries. Most of the responses I get are for farms too far away for me, though I specifically put my county in the ad. But I've gotten a couple of other possibilities and others here have used CL, as well. I'd suggest starting there. -js

·
Registered
2 Posts
My family has some land in San Diego's backcountry. We used to have a relationship with a beekeeper who had hives located throughout the East County, but he was affected by the fires (and then a fire at a processing plant?) and never returned.

We'd be open to some sort of arrangement with a beekeeper. I contacted a couple local beekeepers and the local beekeeping society, but got no response.

When I search for beekeepers on the Internet, all I get is swarm removal.

Is there a matchmaking system somewhere for apiarists and interested landowners?

Thanks,

T.

Is your family still looking for a beekeeper?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow Rabbit, you haven't changed you email for a while. :) It is always interesting when old threads get resurrected. I just wish you had land in the Houston area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rabbit,
I am looking for a suitable place in San Diego area for my hives. I love to see the place you have in mind.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Yes, even an old post can still connect when the affinity is there.
Maybe you 2 can form a partnership to grow some tf bees for us all in an
isolated area. Just think of all the possibilities when planting a few acres of
sainfoin or fireweeds for the honey.

·
Banned
747 Posts
craigslist has dozens of beekeepers looking for land all the time search bees in your local and surrounding area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts