Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looked on Google and found dozens of recipes that had honey in them but not one using honey as the primary ingredient.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
If you want a pure honey cough drop and are trying to avoid using liquid honey could you place honey in a dehydrator. Pour it into molds or pour it onto fruit rollup sheets and remove all moisture from it. You could even add some cough soothing EO's to the mixture.

http://www.honibe.com/honibe_honey_drop.html

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Not that this is much help, but...
An old German grandmother gave me this recipe, I gurantee it works.

"Mix a cup of warm honey with a cup of boilling lemon juice...
add this to a pint of snapps....
drink while still warm and 'forget' all about sie cold."--Grossmutter ;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An old German grandmother gave me this recipe, I gurantee it works.

"Mix a cup of warm honey with a cup of boilling lemon juice...
add this to a pint of snapps....
drink while still warm and 'forget' all about sie cold."--Grossmutter ;)
Sounds great for me, but this is for our two year old beekeeper, Emma

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Make her a warm drink of honey, lemon juice and water. Have you tried just a teaspoon of honey straight in her mouth to sooth the cough. If it is a dry cough it should help. If she is removing phleghm(sp?) with her coughs that is a good thing to let happen.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make her a warm drink of honey, lemon juice and water. Have you tried just a teaspoon of honey straight in her mouth to sooth the cough. If it is a dry cough it should help. If she is removing phleghm(sp?) with her coughs that is a good thing to let happen.
Thanks, but she really loves cough drops. Have used Halls Honey Flavored Cough Drops. Her mother just thought "Home Made Honey Cough Drops" would be better. So that's what I'm trying to come up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts