I’m going paste my story below and was wondering if others have experienced any thing like this? I usually only have a minor reaction to stings.
It was a scary day here today, my hives are unusually over populated already. My plan was to do splits even though it’s kind of early but I didn’t make it that far today.
While doing an inspection on the very first hive I was stung on my thumb, sure it’s hurts a little but I’ve been stung at least a dozen times before. Well something was different this time. I started feeling funny and quickly put the hive back together turned to walk back to my house and dropped right there next to the hives. Lucky for me my wife came out to ask me a question and found me unconscious.
She said she thought I was dead, but then I sat up and then passed out again. While she ran back into the house to get her phone I some how managed to crawl another 15-20 feet away from the hives and that’s where I laid. Going in and out of consciousness until paramedics arrived. Then I was taken by ambulance the the nearest ER, while in the ambulance the gave me Benadryl and a shot of epinephrine. Three hours later I was released from the ER. I still feel sore but I’m glad I’m ok.
The ER doctor gave me a prescription for an EPI pen and recommended I have Benadryl on hand.
I guess the moral of this story is don’t beekeep alone and even if you are not allergic you should have an epi pen and Benadryl.