Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using HopGuard 3? If so, what were your results?

I was wondering also if it is ok to stick one strip thru the entrance or just lay it on top of the frames of the supper?

I have used it 2 weeks ago, but havent tested the hive. I can say that strips really stay wet for long, not like the previous versions.

·
Registered
211 Posts

I was wondering also if it is ok to stick one strip thru the entrance or just lay it on top of the frames of the supper?

I have used it 2 weeks ago, but havent tested the hive. I can say that strips really stay wet for long, not like the previous versions.
I have used Hopguard 3 for 2 years now & use it when I can't use formic. If you change out & put new strips in every week for 3 weeks, the mite count goes down significantly. I like the product.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I tried Hopguard 3. It was extremely messy and hard to work with, and the bees absolutely hated it (think fly paper). The mite drop was minimal compared to other treatments, such as Apiguard. I really wanted to like it, but I will not be using it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts