Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and did not know the owner that passed away, but form what I read here he was a great guy.

I am unsure how to handle my order with him/his company. I was hoping for some guidance even though I am new here.

I don't want to email or call anymore since I have learned of his passing as I am sure his family is grieving. No one ever responded after cashing my payment (for obvious reasons) or since then. I would not even know what was going on if it wasn't for some friends of the family that are here.

Do you think they will eventually contact everyone that has made payment and let us know if we should find another place...or if they will try to fill the order as they can. I'm not in a hurry or concerned about the money as paypal will reimburse me..... but I also don't want to be a burden to the family that has lost a loved one.

What would you all do.

Thanks

Spek.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well it seems like you have already tried several different ways to communicate with them with no success and now that you actually found out the reason why you didnt get through and you say the money isnt the issue since pay pal will refund you! Whats wrong with just letting the family have this time and wait it out! Im sure they will respond soon! You have so many days to file a refund with pay pal for items not received so why sweat it!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
my understanding is they are trying to get caught up on things, leave your contact info and Im sure they will get in touch

·
Registered
185 Posts
FYI- Paypal claims need to be made within 30 days of the purchase.
i would not wait to long to file the claim or you maybe out your money.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Don't file a claim, treat others as you would like to be treated and let the family grieve. I'm sure they will make good either with a refund or by filling your order.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Quite a few people are in the same boat; including my dad. However, he ordered his jacket 2 months ago and hasn't received it yet.
Well, he must not need it very badly or he would have ordered something from someone else. There are other places to get protective wear. It never hurts to have more than you need. What happens when a guest comes by and you want to show them your bees?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well, he must not need it very badly or he would have ordered something from someone else. There are other places to get protective wear. It never hurts to have more than you need. What happens when a guest comes by and you want to show them your bees?
either that or he doesn't have a lot of extra money to throw around. I do ok, but if i spent 150-250 on a piece of bee gear and was waiting for it i couldn't afford to just drop another few hundred on another suit.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Do you think they will eventually contact everyone that has made payment and let us know if we should find another place...or if they will try to fill the order as they can.
BigT mentioned in his thread that he spoke to a family member and it is their intention to fulfill all orders, or possibly refund the money.

What would you all do.
The family will be reeling from this for a while. It makes sense to me to allow them plenty of time to work through the grieving process and get their house back to some semblance of order. There also may be some legal processes to work through if there is a family member or partner who will now be taking over the business. I would give them a little more time, and then send a snail mail letter with my condolences and a request to reply when they are able.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Dear All,

I want to thank everyone who has posted here and elsewhere on BeeSource for their condolences and for their patience. As you have learned, my brother passed away last week. I also realize that Bill was behind on getting out orders; perhaps this isn't so surprising in retrospect. Our intention is to fill the existing orders. But of course, there have been many things to take care and taking care of my brother's family has been the primary focus. But I am in the process of trying to get a hold of the bee business. Please be reassured that we will either fill your order or refund your money.

Kind Regards,
Stephanie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts