Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I chose to separate it cause that was idle for so long, but suppose it belongs there as well

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Looks like a PITA to check....and it will only get worse when the bee start throwing propolis around in there. I'm sure the bees will love being tipped over 90º ever time the hive is checked. :no:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
wasabi:

Innovative. Neat looking. Would certainly make a great centerpiece to a garden. Probably appeals to the boutique gardener/backyard piddler who wants a hive of bees or 2 on their property. I am betting that is a fair-sized market to target. I would not oversell it as anything else. I can't see it as being a solution to any problem. I just think it is freaking cool looking hive that a lot of folks might be interested in.

If you have followed this board very much, you know you are going to catch a little criticism. No innovative product or idea escapes criticism from this group. You should send some info on it to Kevin Inglin of the BK Corner website and podcast www.bkcorner.com. He is really into different "form factors" of hives and enjoys innovative hive designs. He might even give you a little free publicity on his podcast and website.

Good luck on your hives and congratulations on creating a new good looking design.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I just now finished reading the other thread of yours on this topic. When I got to the end I tried to follow the link to your Indiegogo page, but reached a page that stated the page no longer existed. Did you reach your goal?

Nice looking hive, by the way.

Alex

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Tim,

Thanks for chiming in. Designed to minimize propolis but aware it can be a sticky problem;)
The hive boxes are only sideways briefly during individual hive box inspections.
No leakage has ever occurred.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts