Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Put a Honey super on about 3 weeks ago & there is no comb...bees crawling all over it though. The wax foundation on the perimeters is gone...what should I do? Leave in place? Remove? 2 nucs in May... One hive was not drawn out enough in 2 deeps to even put super on. I do see beetles & am attempting the oil pan with screened bottom-board approach as of today. Each day I feel as if I know less & less and my confidence is certainly waning. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
If the bees are not building comb it means they are in a dearth at this point and they don't need new comb. If you want the honey super frames pulled out, give the girls some sugar syrup to get them started.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I actually did feed after I posted...hot the message on another plane...Thanks. What do you make of the med wax frames in the honey super...perimeter of wax gone? Thank you

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Bees will chew at the edges of the foundation and not draw the foundation at all when there is no flow to speak of going on. Sounds to me that there's not much chance of getting that super drawn out this year, unless you have a great fall flow in your area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts