Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was leaning toward $5 per 2# bottle, and $3 for the 1# bottle.

jbford Re:
N. Central Ark.

$8 a quart
$3 12oz bear
$4 16oz upside-down squeeze bottle
Light Raw Wildflower

Man you guys are selling it awfully cheap. Up here in Ottawa we can get $11 - $12 per kilo (roughly 2 pounds). I know things are always more expensive in Canada (don't really understand it cause our dollar is almost par these days...) but $5 per 2 pounder is a give away... unless you're selling a heck of a lot it!

Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

·
Registered
507 Posts
In the Dallas, TX area, I went into a large grocery store chain and looked at their honey. They did have local, raw honey for sale at $3.00 for 12 oz. and $5.?? for 16 oz.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
11$ qt and 5$ 16oz squeeze bottle. This is my first year and it seems to be moving pretty good at that price. I've saw some people selling it for a little less and some for a little more.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
I was leaning toward $5 per 2# bottle, and $3 for the 1# bottle.
At retail, you are giving it away. At wholesale price, those prices are even lower than mine.

I wholesale by the case 1#s for $3.75 each, $5.00/cs. 2# @ $6.75 ea., $81.00/cs.
Retail? $5.00 for ones at the house, $7.00 or $8.00 at mkt or craft show. 2#ers are $7.00 at the house and $8.00 or $10.00 at mkt or craft show.

My stores retail my honey at cost plus 25% on up to cost plus 100%. So, why shouldn't I.

Sell your honey. Don't under sell it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honey is wholesales for $1.80 a lb. last I heard. Problem I have, is that an older beekeeper has been selling qts for $4 a jar. If I go up much more than that, I get criticized. I wanted to hear what others in our area, and other areas are doing this year.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
$5 – 8oz, $8 – 16oz, $15 – 32oz. Is what I sold it for last year. I have 40 1# pre-orders right now. And they said just to let them know what this years prices are.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Honey is wholesales for $1.80 a lb. last I heard. Problem I have, is that an older beekeeper has been selling qts for $4 a jar. If I go up much more than that, I get criticized. I wanted to hear what others in our area, and other areas are doing this year.
Thanks!
Okay, sorry, can't answer that for you. Only what I am doing.

If you are bottling and selling your own honey, what does the $1.80 wholesale price have to do w/ it? And that older beekeeper probably has everything paid for. So he can sell cheap. My attidtude about anyone who doesn't like the price of my honey? Well, that would be, after you've tried the rest come back for the best.

I would n't sell my honey, were I you, for the same or less than the guy selling $4.00 quarts. You don't have to get rediculous, but I would sell my honey for more. You may not sell as many jars as that other guy, but for every pound you sell, you will make more money per pound.

Another thing and then I'll shut up and let your neighbors answer. Every time I raise the price of honey, my wholesale price, I sell more honey. Don't that beat all?

My best to you and your venture in selling honey.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Grocery stores do not compare. It's processed, impersonal and not nearly as healthy as local honey.
We have sold our PURE honey, no additives or chemicals at all, never heated, presented in nice crystal jars for $10 per pound (12 oz. Ball jars=1 lb. honey). We also offer it in 25 pound buckets for bulk rate of $5/lb. Love craigslist!

We've spent alot of $$ on hardware, time on research, gotten too many stings, waited too long and and worked too hard to give it away. Ok its true, we've given alot away too. ;-)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Bulk prices now for White to ELA are $1.65 and higher for honey by the drum. If you are selling a quart(44oz) for $4.00 you are only getting $1.45 per lb. That's including your time for bottling and the cost of the jar.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
We are selling it for 8/lb all day long......

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hear Im 15.00 qt and 8.00 for a pint. Thats blackberry,wildflower with a little tulip poplar. Now if the sourwood in the hill flows good I will just about double that price. Peace Dave

1 - 20 of 93 Posts