Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into possibly purchasing the Mann Lake honey keg and was wondering if anyone has used it and is it worth the money?

·
Registered
511 Posts
After 3 heating elements, and a little bit of scorched honey, I regret my purchase. Ended up drilling holes in the skirt and running 3/8 " pex in the bottom skirt just to warm honey enough to bottle.

Just don't... but do as you please.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a 30 gal dadant it was to big for me so I got the keg a couple years ago easy to clean and store but a year after I had it the heat element went out they did replace it it will scorch honey you have to keep it full about 15 gal now if I only put in 10 gal or less I only heat it a day and bottle what I need and unplug it when I got mine I think it was a little over 400. now they are 589. and the 16 gal water jacketed bottler is 1445.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Patncin I am getting a Maxant cheaper than that number. Having it customize so I can melt wax and clean sum gum in it to. No bottling valve but have a spare one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was just looking at mannlake page when I did the post yes maxant is a better deal but you still have to buy a valve I liked the 6 gal wax/bottler may have to sell my keg and get one :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking into possibly purchasing the Mann Lake honey keg and was wondering if anyone has used it and is it worth the money?
We purchased one and the teflon tape from the threads, the lithium grease on the honey gate wound up in our honey...we had a 15 gallon loss of honey to include the jars....very dissatisfied...sending it back for a refund...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts