Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into possibly purchasing the Mann Lake honey keg and was wondering if anyone has used it and is it worth the money?

·
Registered
506 Posts
After 3 heating elements, and a little bit of scorched honey, I regret my purchase. Ended up drilling holes in the skirt and running 3/8 " pex in the bottom skirt just to warm honey enough to bottle.

Just don't... but do as you please.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a 30 gal dadant it was to big for me so I got the keg a couple years ago easy to clean and store but a year after I had it the heat element went out they did replace it it will scorch honey you have to keep it full about 15 gal now if I only put in 10 gal or less I only heat it a day and bottle what I need and unplug it when I got mine I think it was a little over 400. now they are 589. and the 16 gal water jacketed bottler is 1445.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Patncin I am getting a Maxant cheaper than that number. Having it customize so I can melt wax and clean sum gum in it to. No bottling valve but have a spare one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was just looking at mannlake page when I did the post yes maxant is a better deal but you still have to buy a valve I liked the 6 gal wax/bottler may have to sell my keg and get one :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts