Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the search engine to find the answer to this question but didn’t. So here goes, when you freeze honey I assume the super is not put inside the freezer also. And if my assumption is correct how do you place the frames in? I have no room for the supers only the frames. I am thinking wrapping them in wax paper, and trying to keep them from lying on top of each other. Any advice??

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I put them supper and all but if you can't, Be sure you stand them like they hang in the supper. This will cause less damage to the comb. I don;t wrap them but I do have a tray under the supper to catch the drips.
Clint

·
Registered
918 Posts
I also insert my frames in the freezer with the same orientation as in the hives. I use a cookie sheet underneath them to catch any drippings. Honey is even more difficult to clean up in the freezer then it is at room temperature.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Speaking of freezing honey, I am experimenting with freezing some this year. I put a few quarts in the freezer to see if it keeps better than reheating it after it crystalizes.

It seemed to freeze nicely and didn't expand at all that I could see. My question is thawing it. It seems that getting it to room temperature quickly would be better than a slow warming.

Has anyone here tried this? Can I just set it on a counter for a couple of days?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts