Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,130 Posts
What. You are in denial about what Trump did?

:scratch:

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,796 Posts
If this thread continues in a "political" manner,:( it too will be moved to Tailgater.
Oops, I did not realize it was not in Tailgater. Back to honey and the Covid -19 virus...

·
Registered
11,130 Posts
OK then back to honey vs covid.

Me, I doubt honey will cure covid. What I can say though, is my own honey sales went through the roof when we had covid here.

Sales of the usual honey types like clover remained fairly static. But a honey I market as "Native Forest", which is a very dark honey and looks the part, that label started flying off the shelves. I was in a shop and watched, people were grabbing multiple jars of it.

Now we are covid free, and sales are back to normal. Fun while it lasted.

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,796 Posts
OT, that is the kind of positive story story I like. Good marketing on your part too. I suspect that regular consumption of pure raw honey can provide a SLIGHT improvement to a person's ability to ward off disease, or at least provide some placebo effect that makes one feel better. Until such time as science is able to prove otherwise, that is my story and I'm sticking to it.:)

Reactions: Oldtimer

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
OK then back to honey vs covid.

Me, I doubt honey will cure covid. What I can say though, is my own honey sales went through the roof when we had covid here.

Sales of the usual honey types like clover remained fairly static. But a honey I market as "Native Forest", which is a very dark honey and looks the part, that label started flying off the shelves. I was in a shop and watched, people were grabbing multiple jars of it.

Now we are covid free, and sales are back to normal. Fun while it lasted.
That happens with our honey also, it is dark red from the Japanese
Knotweed plant which has Resveratrol in it; only in the Autumn though.

·
Registered
11,130 Posts
I had to google Resveratrol to find out what it is, looks like good stuff, some valuable honey you have there!

Always good to get our health requirements from natural sources :).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I thought heating honey reduces its helaing properties.
Yes, it does. Anything above 37 degrees. COVID or not, I think honey is a big help. Maybe not a cure, but definitely healthy.

Add honey and lemon to a cup of warm water. It's the best. Have any of you tried it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Honey is healthy and sure makes a sore throat feel better for a short time. My dad used to make us take a teaspoon full when we had a cold so maybe it is the nostalgia that makes me think I feel better.

The addition of the aspirin would remove any Covid headache, or other pains associated with the virus, so couple that with the sweet smooth honey and a person might believe they have been cured, but I highly doubt that it actually kills the virus, it in my opinion it kills the symptoms so you can get a better rest.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The addition of the aspirin would remove any Covid headache, or other pains associated with the virus, so couple that with the sweet smooth honey and a person might believe they have been cured, but I highly doubt that it actually kills the virus, it in my opinion it kills the symptoms so you can get a better rest.
That's all that modern medicine is...symptom management. Little interest in cures, no money in it, and the populace is only interested in immediate gratification.

·
Registered
527 Posts
That's all that modern medicine is...symptom management. Little interest in cures, no money in it, and the populace is only interested in immediate gratification.
Hmm, not so sure about that. There have been a lot of cures developed for a lot of diseases in the era of "modern medicine."

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
53,986 Posts
The number one cause of death by Covid is blood clots in the lungs. 81mg of asprin a day is sufficient to make platelets less sticky and help prevent the clots. That's one baby asprin or one of the "asprin a day" enteric coated 81mg tablets. More than that would not be any more effective. This same thing was discovered with the Spanish Flu but then people started overdosing on Asprin making the secondary error in logic (by my count) which is "If a little is good, a lot is better" People died from salicylic poisoning.

The clots are caused by an overreaction of the immune system. This can usually be avoided by taking the normal recommended amount of Vitamin D3. Again, don't make the mistake of "A little is good so a lot is better". An overdose of D3 is dangerous and enough can actually kill you.

Of course, adequate sunshine will give you enough D3...

I doubt that the honey has much effect but honey is good for you in general if it's unheated.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts