Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hive seems to be honey bound. I didn't look in the bottom body, but the second one is almost solid honey. 3-4 frames in the middle have a softball size area for eggs the rest is honey. There are 2 honey supers on, one is half full of honey. Should I remove a couple of the frames of honey in the hive body and put in empty frames? or do I need to do anything?

When I strained my honey this year there was a few areas of pollen in there. I strained it through 3 layers of cheese cloth, but there are still tiny pieces in there. Can I do anything to get it out? Last year I did it the same way and it was clear.

THanks all for your help.

downhome

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use filter screens that fit on top of 5 gallon buckets. I got them from a Bee Supply online. All three were about 15$. I filter down to 200 microns.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Pollen is good for you, I would leave it if it was for me.

Check your bottom box. Is there room for the queen to lay there? If not make room for her in the bottom box and checkerboard the top brood box(2nd). Save the frames of honey to feed back later if needed or extract them if they are not from syrup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts