Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost all my colonies have several frames deep frames solid with honey it’s becoming an issue (I think). Would it be smart to shake the frames out onto a board and let the bees rob them out in hopes they’ll move the honey up through the excluder and return these frames back to the nest or is there an issue I don’t see with this plan.

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 20 producing colonies I run single deep brood chambers then everything else above an excluder. I have some hives with close to 150lbs of honey above the excluder the flow is just so strong right now with the tallow I want to try to free up space below the excluder and prevent swarming. I think we have have another month of good flow or close to before a summer dearth. I also have about three queen less colonies that just have everything packed with honey and I’d like to clean out some deep frames so when I requeen she has room. At this point I’m out of empty drawn comb comb.

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think ultimately that’s kind of what I’ll do all honey loaded deep frames I’ll put into box and replace with foundation. I need drawn comb anyways. Then in two weeks when I have the time I’ll extract what I can and free up more space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.