Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a site that list when Honey bee related shows or specials will be on TV, and on what channel?
Does anyone know of any upcoming specials or series?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't know of an internet site, per se. If you have satelite television, the RFD Channel has been airing a 30 min. show titled Honey Bees & BeeKeeping. Dr. Keith Deleplane from the University of Georgia is the "Beek" and did a series based around "The year in the life of a beekeeper" which went through all segments of beekeeping from starting a new hive, disease control, spring and fall colony management and collecting honey. The series just ended, but I hope it continues in the future.

·
Registered
265 Posts
on direct tv it has a search function. It tells you all the up coming shows with your search words in it.

Nothing in my area.

Hear are some dvd's you could see if you can purchase.
The last Beekeeper
Bees tales from the Hive
Silence of the bees
Vanishing of the Bees

Brooklyn

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! I tried the DirecTv search function and typed in "Bees" and found several upcoming shows!
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
If you have satelite television, the RFD Channel has been airing a 30 min. show titled Honey Bees & BeeKeeping.
Good to know. I have the RFD channel but only ever watch the Big Joe Polka Show. I will look for the Keeping program.

·
Registered
261 Posts
heck with your county ag agent. I rented (free) the entire series that was in RFD Maybe your county agent don't have them but maybe he does.What have you got to loose by checking?

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's a Great suggestion for anyone... I just remembered that our local County Agent has the same DVD's that were shown on RFD. That is a good resource for videos and DVD's on beekeeping.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If anyone is interested there is a bee show coming on the 30th of this month called bees in the hive on channel 284 on direct tv at 9:00 o' clock and again at 12am the 31st

Thomas

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
If anyone is interested there is a bee show coming on the 30th of this month called bees in the hive on channel 284 on direct tv at 9:00 o' clock and again at 12am the 31st
Thomas

Channel 193 on Dish Network. The science channel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts