Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Q faint the other day while I was marking her in a marking tube.She was young,just beginning to lay.
I set her on top of a frame and she was surrounded by bees touching her with their antenna and extending their proboscis towards her mouth parts.
First she just laid there,then antenna movement,then quivering,then she stood up,then pulsing abdomen and then she walked down a seam.It took about 7-8 min.
Honey bee CPR?

This was the second one this year.The first was laying up a storm the next week.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I had a Q faint the other day while I was marking her in a marking tube.She was young,just beginning to lay.
I set her on top of a frame and she was surrounded by bees touching her with their antenna and extending their proboscis towards her mouth parts.
First she just laid there,then antenna movement,then quivering,then she stood up,then pulsing abdomen and then she walked down a seam.It took about 7-8 min.
Honey bee CPR?

This was the second one this year.The first was laying up a storm the next week.
you really need to start videoing your adventures.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
That would make a great video.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Photo 2019-07-26 11.33.43.jpg Photo 2019-07-26 11.27.38.jpg

I had just loaded a new app " flashlite plus"
Sorry about the fuzzyness. Not sure if it will do video but the magnification helps my old eyes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts