Passing the OA vapors through the SBB will cause the OA vapors to cool and deposit onto the screen. The vapors need waft up into the frames where the bees are located and contact the mites. The further the distance and the more obstacles (SBB) reduces the effectiveness.
I know that folk say that oxalic acid is found naturally, but the truth is that you can get pretty sick from eating some plants that contain it (rhubarb leaves, for example). I don't know the levels that are found in natural (yet hazardous) sources, nor do I know the levels that would be left on honey supers after treatment.I know you're supposed to take honey supers off before the treatment. I have two hives that are new this year, so I left them on so the bees could have the honey later on. I do want to know what does the OA do to the honey. Does it poison it for human consumption, or does it make it taste weird or what. Someone is going to ask me this question and I want to know the correct answer.