Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Brrrrr! That looks cold!! I was thinking of that [my hives] after seeing the photo from New Zealand in the Southern hemisphere,...:rolleyes:. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Brings back memories of winters spend in ND while going through med school in Grand Forks. I don't miss the snow and freezing winters.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brings back memories of winters spend in ND while going through med school in Grand Forks. I don't miss the snow and freezing winters.
Dru

It is -10 here today - the corn stove has been running like gangbusters. Almost 2 bushels/day when it is this cold!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well - I like it when they get covered on their own - but I am not inclined to go out and actually work at covering them up.

Here - the snowfall isn't reliable enough to make it part of my winterizing routine (some years we get almost none - at other times it will all come in March) and the periods of wind are so strong that it is likely they would be uncovered by wind shortly after I covered them.

I view the snow as the environment 'lending a hand' to help get my bees through winter.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Beautiful pics! I have not seen snow like that since the 70's or 80's! Don't miss it either. We just get the cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts