Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first of several new updates has been posted to Hive Tracks. We are working on the long list of requests but for now the top request is to add new hive components and to support new hive sources. That was posted yesterday. We completely rewrote the "Hive Builder" to be much more user friendly and to support more complex types of hive components. We've only added a few new components at the moment but more coming soon. Other bug fixes too since the last posting.

·
Banned
840 Posts
Just looked at the site again and still see no inclusion of top bar hive information. Judging by your silence on the matter and answering practically every other question, I surmise you have no plans to include tbh's .

If not, would you please simply say so.

Big Bear

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I can say is that we are working as fast as we can to include the features folks are asking for. All of us here at Hive Tracks have full time day jobs which means it takes time (nights and weekends) to add new features. TBHs are getting a lot of traction and we would be crazy not the to support them but its going to take time. Meanwhile you could use the default hive configuration and ignore the way it looks on screen. Take advantage of the other features of Hive Tracks like inspections, weather and queen management. Once TBH is supported it will be possible to convert any hive you have already created to a TBH and you won't loose that data. That's the best answer I can give you.

·
Registered
850 Posts
The first of several new updates has been posted to Hive Tracks.
You have done a great job. I developed a hive assessment sheet for our SARE project based on the one that I thought was developed by the Puget Sound beekeepers, but I also saw it on some beekeeping catalogs. It is really hard to get everything accounted for. In the end, I think the point was to teach folks what to look for during a hive assessment- I can not even keep up with my own records except for the bare minimum of detail. I am not sure if this on line system will work for me, but I will try it out.
Can we print the records out somehow?
One suggestion is to include swarm or supercedure in the queen source

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can we print the records out somehow?
One suggestion is to include swarm or supercedure in the queen source
Printing is one of our most requested features so it will be added asap. As you may have seen from this post Hive Tracks is a labor of love and as such new features take time. Go ahead and create an account and play around with it and see if it will work for you. Once you have an account you will be notified when new features are ready. We are just about to send an announcement now about our newly added component types and then new hive editor.

·
Banned
840 Posts
I appreciate your answering.

So you do plan on including tbh's in the future as you go. I appreciate that information.

I will continue the account I do have and keep watch.

Big Bear

·
Registered
109 Posts
Excellent! We are glad to have you BB and since we are obviously weak on understanding Top Bar Hives, perhaps you would allows us to send a few questions your way when we start working on it? That way you will be the first to know when its done! The big issue will be making a special version of a hive editor that looks and feels right. I got my first glimpes at a TBH at the recent EAS meeting in Boone, NC. It was a really nice unit with a plexiglass viewing window. I got the basics of adding and removing bars and using the divider between them but that's about it. Thanks again for sticking with us, we will do our best not to leave you hanging :)

·
Banned
840 Posts
I will do my best to answer what I can.

Big Bear

1 - 15 of 15 Posts