Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody tried those 9-5/8 propylene hive bodies with insulation panels, from mother lode products? if so, what do you think about them?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Had (until it broke) one plastic hive body. I suppose if they were worth a darn I'd have had two or three or 50.
Was a different company but the same polypropylene.
If you want to test some polypropylene take a milk jug, empty it, leave it in the yard for 5 years and see what happens.
It will become brittle.

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
I use some of non-insulated ones (6-5/8) for supers........ light, no painting needed, snap together. Now, they are just for honey, not brood..........and stay in my shed during the winter.......... I like them...

·
Registered
960 Posts
I use some of non-insulated ones (6-5/8) for supers........ light, no painting needed, snap together. Now, they are just for honey, not brood..........and stay in my shed during the winter.......... I like them...
Same here, I have about 5 that they gave me to try,I was there to pick up feeders, some one must like them,they had pallets full they were shipping out.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Same for me as well... Nice that you can just snap them together and don't have to paint... I mainly use them to cover feeder cans....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts