Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Steve Greer (MissouirSteve) from Sullivan, Missouri. I'm somewhere in my mid 60s but we won't go there. I've planned to start keeping bees as soon as I retired for several years. So, the time has come. I'll need all the help I can get. I'm pretty good at listening to what people tell me. Let's get going with this, I think I may only have 50 or so years left.

·
Registered
27 Posts
MO.Steve, don't feel bad, i am not that far behind yahs. Glad to share some with another NuBeek. See if you can find a good BeeK Group meetings and a mentor locally , this will help a lot. Also you are how far up in MO. There is a Good Fellow in Salem , AR that raises Organic Bees and sells Packages for this Summer Season. If you want more info just click on my "Handle in here ", and it will show Personal Message, send me one and i will send yahs the info.
If you are comfortable with computer use forgive me then ok, the fellow's name is Amish Myron and there is a thread in here you can search and see his phone # in the posts. Enjoy and Have Fun , this is a really good group of folks to ask questions and peer thru all the interesting Threads and Posts to collect info to help you get started. Best wishes, AJ and Denise

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Hello and Welcome!

This forum has a great deal of good information about bees & beekeeping. Be sure to check out the "How to Start Beekeeping" subforum: it covers the basics. I'm also a fan of the 'search' function - many times I can find several previous threads on a topic I'm interested in (no waiting for answers!).

I also recommend getting involved with a local beekeeping club. Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beekeepers:
http://www.mostatebeekeepers.org/local_associations.htm

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi Steve,
Welcome to a great place on the net... I'm looking forward to retirement in a few years, because it means more time for me to enjoy the bees. Best wishes to you in your retirement and best wishes with the bees. Greetings from middle Tennessee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts