Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I moved my first two nucs into their new homes. A process I can say that I did without a suit, or veil, or gloves and didn't receive a single sting, oh yeah, go me. Used a smoker though, no way I would do it without that. Smoked myself more than the hive, mostly my face and crotch because the ladies kept paying attention to the thunder down under and that made me nervous. Anyway, stuck the frames into the new wooden homes of my bees. I'm sure they like it more than the cardboard boxes they came in, less hobo like. I asked what kind of bees they were before leaving with my goods and the beekeeper could only tell me they were either Italian or Hawaiian since he keeps both and doesn't label boxes. So I have mystery bees, mystery, formerly homeless bees.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I've been around bees for a bit, done much reading, and so far haven't heard of a "Hawaiian" bee, other then bees raised there and brought back to the main land.. Even then they are mostly using Italian bees over there. So i'd say it's a good chance you got Italians. I hope you enjoy your bees and Welcome to the Forum! If you've questions don't be afraid to ask, plenty of good people here to answer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*shrugs* Whatever they are I like them, very docile. May just get a third nuc from him this weekend. Got two so I could cross reference them and easily spot irregularities. Thanks for the welcome, if I have a question I will let you all know. In the mean time I will just keep prowling around on here like I have been the last couple weeks.
^_^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts