Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Italian Honey Bees
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Susie, and I'm relatively new to beekeeping. I've done a course to extend my knowledge, but I decided to join a forum to expand my horizons and to find great new tips and advice from other beekeepers.

·
Registered
Right now,one hive consisting of two 10 frame deeps of an Ohio swarm of muttsutts.
113 Posts
Welcome Susie,
I am very new at my beekeeping hobby also but you sure have come to the right place for great knowledge and help from others that are quick to respond t your questions. Don't forget to add your location and zone to your profile as this will help others answer your questions in regards to where your bees are kept.

·
Registered
Italian Honey Bees
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Susie,
I am very new at my beekeeping hobby also but you sure have come to the right place for great knowledge and help from others that are quick to respond t your questions. Don't forget to add your location and zone to your profile as this will help others answer your questions in regards to where your bees are kept.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Welcome. Read a wide range of comments and ask questions. The variety of viewpoints and beekeeping methods are confusing, so be prepared to have to sort things out. Follow advice most closely from those who live closest to your zip code! Beekeeping is really pretty local. The only hard and fast thing I will tell you is that you can't keep bees without occasionally inspecting the hive. This does not mean full photographic spreads of every frame and daily checks to find the queen! Some are afraid to go in their colony and some kill them with constant harrassment! Also, bees are livestock that require medical attention periodically. That period is Varroa Distructor mites must be killed or your bees will die! Trouble is, some of the mite treatments if applied incorrectly or at the wrong time will kill your colony too! Oxalic acid vaporization or drizzle is the safest effective treatment I know of. Enjoy your bees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts