Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 32 year old SAHM with a 2.5 year old daughter and a wonderful husband who shares my goals of making the most of the one acre "farm" that we have. I have horses (on my dad's farm), dogs and chickens, raise a big garden and fruit trees, can, craft, and love to get my hands dirty. We do our own butchering, chickens and deer. Like to build and make things and plan to build most of my hive components myself.

Got a started hive this fall from an elderly gentleman who broke his hip and is going out of the bee business. My dad kept bees when I was a kid, although I don't remember much about it other than eating comb honey and being chased by bees who wanted it back. LOL I have wanted bees forever and jumped at the opportunity, although I am skeptical about this hive surviving the winter. The box was in pretty bad shape and I did all I could find out to do to try to get them ready for winter after getting them so late in the season (mid-October). Wish me luck, I hope they live!

If not, I plan to purchase a nuc in the spring. Really excited to get started. Usually dream about morels every spring. Maybe this year I'll be dreaming about bees...

Planning on going to bee-school in March and joining my county association. Glad to have the internet and this forum to help me learn more!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hello and welcome to the world of beekeeping. West Virginia is a beautiful state and I'm sure there will be lots of folks willing to help you with your bees.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts