Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

We are new beekeepers and have had some good luck with a swarm capture and moved an established swarm out of our slump block retaining wall to another top frame hive we built just yesterday. The bees were very angry yesterday and Mr. Man was stung so many times. We left some brood and honey comb out for the first hive, and now can't really go out in the backyard for very long without bees becoming agitated and stinging Mr. Man. They don't seem all that put off by me though.

We've been documenting our bee ventures on Organically.Us. I love taking photos and documenting the hive(s) and the garden. We're not so concerned with the first hive, but we are concerned with the second hive we moved yesterday and have no idea if we got the queen or not. We would like to get back out in our back yard again... soon... Advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they are africanized. The hive has lived in our yard for over a year before moving them. After they initially nested, I stomped around quite a bit and actually blew into the hive receiving only one sting from that adventure. I needed to know whether to keep them around or not.... anyway, thanks for answering, but I think the answer is off mark.

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
Welcome! You’ll find this site, inspiring (sometimes), funny (sometimes), stupid (at times) but addicting all the time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts