Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting into bee keeping but i know very little like how do you replace bees how to keep up production and such and place to look for supplies bees and info around nwga area thought i would say hi and i will be browsing the forum very much trying to get all the info i can

·
Registered
902 Posts
Welcome from NE Kansas tj. I'm new this year. Here's how it went for me.
1) Read a lot last winter and spring about bees, equipment and such
2) Joined a local club (I've not been that involved with them honestly)
3) In February, located a nearby bee supplier and got on the list for new packages
4) Received my bees (3 packages) in early April and installed them into my hives

It didn't take long to realize I knew nothing, but I've had a blast since learning about bees and tending mine, and meeting other beekeepers. I harvested 3 gallons of honey as well. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome aboard. There's a wealth of knowledge found on this site. You will find the members are more than happy to share their wisdom and experiences with you. For supplies, there is Pigeon Mountain Trading Company in Lafayette. They have a good selection of equipment and tools.

·
Registered
82 Posts
tjMax, welcome to the forum. There are beeclubs in your area, Chattanooga, Lafayette, Summerville, Canton and a bit further Cartersville. Holcomb's Garden Center at Ft. Oglethorpe has bee supplies and there is a bee supply for Mann Lake in Dallas, GA (Elrod Garden Center).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts