Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from the piedmont of NC. My family farms about 1000 acres here, mostly grain. We added produce around 4 years ago. Our strawberries require having bees to work them. I had been renting the bees until one of my customers introduced himself as a beekeeper. In the past year he has set me up with 2 hives, and has been guiding and teaching me along the way. He told me to also come here, to listen and read anything I can. His words of advice is "the bees didn't read the books!" I'm 40 years old, with a 6 year old son, and a lot on my plate. Looking forward to keeping my bees happy!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Welcome. I live 2 hours west of you on a small farm and also don't really have much spare time. Just to warn you: beekeeping can be very addicting. It is extemely interesting and there is always something to learn. But, it doesn't have to require a lot of time if you don't let it.

Beesource is a great resource. The people are great and really try to help. Don't be afraid to ask questions even if they seem "dumb". Check out the Bush Bees site.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome from Wilkes, NC. Enjoy your new sideline.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Farmchick,
Sounds like you have a great mentor already but feel welcome to join us at Guilford county beekeepers, we have a class starting January 28, meeting place and information is on the web site below. When I started I also read the old posts on this forum and got answers to questions I had never thought about.

http://www.guilfordbeekeepers.org/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts