Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved back to Minnesota from California and will be a first time beekeeper

My other hobbies are lapidary work and I am a metalsmith as well

Looking forward to reading through the threads and learning

Ali

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome. I suggest you edit your profile to identify your location, and always keep the location in mind when considering any expressed opinions. North Dakota winters are much nicer than frigid Minnesota, but neither of us can follow calendar-based advice from California, Virginia, or even Rhode Island.

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Welcome to Beesource Ali. The adage that "all beekeeping is local" is very true.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I just moved back to Minnesota from California and will be a first time beekeeper

My other hobbies are lapidary work and I am a metalsmith as well
Ali:

Welcome to Beesource! I don't envy you having to make the transition from California to Minnesota, especially this time of year ;).

I had to look up 'lapidary'- so this is analogous to being a gemsmith?

Best of success to you as you develop your apiary. There are a lot of very wise and helpful beekeepers on here from Northern climes who will have good advice for your locale.

Russ

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just moved back to Minnesota from California.

Hi Russ

Thank you for the welcome

The transition has been fun, but I grew up here so am use to it

I guess you could say gemsmith

Ali:

Welcome to Beesource! I don't envy you having to make the transition from California to Minnesota, especially this time of year

I had to look up 'lapidary'- so this is analogous to being a gemsmith?

Best of success to you as you develop your apiary. There are a lot of very wise and helpful beekeepers on here from Northern climes who will have good advice for your locale.

Russ

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
And I haven't quite figured out this quoting and posting yet��
No worries about that- it can certainly be tricky. I think lapidary is a much fancier word- just had to dumb it down for simple folk like myself.

I'll look forward to reading about your adventures. Best of luck to you this year.

Russ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts