Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Send out a howdy.

Trying to get started mostly recreational and interest in nature.

I've built a top bar hive as well as a purchased langstroth hive. I have ferral bees in a tree outside my home that I tried to catch a swarm from last year unsuccessfully. They died this winter as it was unusually cold this winter.

I went up to S Miss. Where a workmate had an old water heater with a hive. I've brought it home and am trying to do something with it. Hope I can learn a lot from you guys. Will be satisfied if I only learn a little :)

-Dag

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trying to think where that is. I grew up in mobile, thinking you r from Milton or ft Walton. Both very nice places

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh never mind Crestview, Florida profile. Never know when u might need a good EOD exprt. :) thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Howdy back at ya!

Keeping bees will certainly get you outside and back "in tune" with nature and the seasons. If you're really into it, taking walks and seeing honey bees working the different landscape bushes and wildflowers in the neighborhood or the roadside near your house certainly does the heart good. Used to see lots of honey bees everywhere when I was a pup, but not so much anymore. You certainly can help change that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts