Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HATE YOU!! You have been in hiding so far this year and now you want to come out and play. Go back where you came from. You’re not welcome.

Winter rant over. As you were……..

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Got our first snow yesterday and today. What are you gripping about? A little cold rain?

Love ya 'bone.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate the cold rain. I have been watching the radar all morning just waiting for it to ruin my day. That and the temps are supposed to be in the 40's for the outlook.:(

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Lows tomorrow are supposed to be zero to -11...still not lots of snow. Highs in the 20's and sunny...T-shirt weather...is this crazy or what??

·
Registered
874 Posts
Winter always arrives on time......got 5 inches of snow today and counting... living in a winter wonderland, but so far its been relatively mild, of course winter don't officaly begin til dec 22

·
Registered
415 Posts
Winter! Bah Humbug!
Hate it. It's been raining for two days and the high was only 61F today. Hurry up Spring!!!:):):)

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
I went to Denver 2 weeks ago today and saw some snow. Never been to Colorado in the winter, but the mountains are beautiful in with snow.

At home, we have had 2 mild frosts and clover still blooming a little.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I was living in Lubbock we had some cold winters. But the air is so dry it is not that bad. I know the same old saying they use for summers in Vegas. "But it's a dry heat" Humidity really makes all the difference. It's cold and humid here. And it sucks.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I can't wait for him to arrive. The bees are in CA. The 9 day gun season is over. The 7 day muzzleloader season is going till Sunday. Bow season ends in Jan. I need snow for chasing 'yotes and I need ice to set my shack on so I can stare at a hole in the ice all day.:D

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Solid misery here today!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I (and all the other MA state employees) were released at noon yesterday due to the impending snowstorm.
Hometown of Norwich, CT got about 4-6 inches, but it was HEAVY shoveling at 0500 today. :cry:
Got to work in Worcester, MA; they only got 2 inches here :waiting:, and boy were the weather forcasters getting scathing comments from talk radio! :lpf:

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Solid misery here today!!
What :s misery forn a little frost :s You would bee up a creek if you had the 15±" of snow we have what a whinp :lookout:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha! This is a Texas blizzard. They are calling for 6-8". The wife has been informed multiple times today they we might be looking for a house further south. :)

The only thing good about this is the kids get to build a snowman this afternoon. Wonder if we will get a family rate at the hospital for family pneumonia.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I truly have had the sheets of ole man Winter. I am going south and be a snowbird. Gonna take my bees and fly the coop....

On top of that, I can't even see my hives due to the blessed snow that is on my porch roof.

But first, I have to go slave for the master today.. and tomorrow ....and the next day too. Okay, maybe in two years...... I probably should purchase a home in Fla. -- Can I get hold of any of the stimulus monies and report how many jobs were created.....:s

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Record all time snow for DFW area. Hitting +/- 9" today.

Snowman construction. I look like a drill Sarg. asking for a little much out of her. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Texas, Pennsylvania, Maryland, seems like everybody got snow except us. :waiting:

Hey! I live in New England. Where's MY snow? :lookout: I LIKE the snow, that's one of the reasons I like living here.

·
Premium Member
7,923 Posts
I HATE YOU!! You have been in hiding so far this year and now you want to come out and play. Go back where you came from. You’re not welcome.

Winter rant over. As you were……..
Yes:D
I now realize why I live in Texas. Snow is for Yankees.:)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
it's raining here tonight. how depressing. i am starting to worry that the ground will thaw. then the wife has lots of work for me to do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts