Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to beekeeping and will start with Russian bees this spring. Hope to learn alot from everyone here.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey Icsdday,
I am in Lexington and am also new to beekeeping.
Were you getting your Russians from?

Have you got your equipment?

Brooklyn

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm buying my bees from Donald Porter from porterfarmbees.com. He is located in Easley SC. He came and spoke at the Mid-State Beekeeping Assoc. He is a great guy and loves to talk about beeking. His phone number is on his website and if you are interested you should call him. He talked to me for approx. 2 hours. I liked his honesty and work ethic... He said he would replace any queen that dies even if it meant him coming to your house to do it. He is a member of the USDA Russian bee breeders Assoc. If you are not a member of the Mid-State Beekeeping Assoc. you should join. They are having a beginners course starting in Jan. it's $40 and it covers the membership to both the local and state Assoc. and all the materials for the course.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
>He said he would replace any queen that dies even if it meant him coming to your house to do it . . .
Now THERE is a GOOD queen producer!

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Come on down to Conway this March and April and I'll put you to work for a day. Come on a friday or saturday and we can have a bee mtng at the BBQ joint in Hemingway.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Come on down to Conway this March and April and I'll put you to work for a day. Come on a friday or saturday and we can have a bee mtng at the BBQ joint in Hemingway.
So sqkcrk has developed a taste for southern BBQ?

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
The more the merrier. And I can use the company and/or help at different times. So, I'll pm you my cell number.

·
Registered
359 Posts
welcome to beekeeping. Wish you luck with the Russians. I started with ten hives of Russians. This is a great forum with loads of valuable info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts