Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are like me, you have several tasks to accomplish when going into a hive. Have you ever closed up the hive and were walking away when you remembered you wanted to check or do something? I hate that. Notes in a pad or on paper didn't work for me. Sometimes I would forget to bring it, sometimes forget to check it, and its hard to read. A phone is about impossible for me. Hard to operate if using gloves, hard to keep in a pocket and work. I've discovered that I left it on a hive the next day. So now I take a piece of painter's tape and put it on my hive tool and write it down there. Today was "Check Rachael's pollen". In the future it may be check frame 5 QC in Rhett, cull drone comb in OSBN frames, etc. If I had a lot of hives, I would use the duct tape method, but for the hobbyist with just a few, this works good. J

Yes, I know its spelled tasks but it won't let me edit it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
For me, it is always not having the correct equipment at the right time. Missing a deep with frames when a hive needs one. Missing a nuc box when you see the start of swarm cells and see the queen. It happened again yesterday. A single deep hive has built up sooner than I thought so I had to drive back home and grab another deep with frames. Fortunately, most of my outyards are within 10-15 minutes from home. I hate driving around with extra boxes rattling in the back but I need to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts