Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long shot.. anyone live in mid Missouri who would like to help a homesteading couple with there first year in beekeeping? I tried going to my local beekeeping club and asked if anyone would be interested in mentoring me. One lady gave me her number but then never called me back. I am dedicated to do it this year. If know one wants to be my mentor :(.. I understand. Here are my two main questions as of now: I have a friend whos dad is a beekeeper 3 hours away from me. I talked to him on the phone and he told me of a quality place for me to get my bees in his area, also my local club is doing a mass buy and pick up of bees from another company, only 30 min from me. Which way should I go? Buy from one beekeepers opinion of a good company, or buy with my local group? My second question is top bar hive- I keep leaning back to them. Is that a foolish thing to do for my first year of beekeeping? I am a smaller girl so I think it mite be better for me not to do as much heavy lifting. I would love all/any advice you are willing to give. Thank you!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts