Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Icame home today and found a problem, many bees crawling outside my hive .There are a hundred or so on the ground,Some try to fly but only fall back to the ground.Some are together in groups of 3 or 4 just sitting together kind of in a daze.The ground also has yellow mustard looking spots ( diarhea)on it.The pollen has really been coming in strong the last few days and it is also yellow like the diarhea.This is a package I installed May 30.I have been feeding them since day 1 with 1-1 SS and HBH.They have been doing really well until this.I have a SBB and have not seen any V mites.I have had a few SHB's but not enough to worry the bees.I have really watched this hive close and am puzzled about this.I live in a very rural area with some cotton nearby that is just starting to bloom but who knows what else .Any help is appreciated.Thanks Keith

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live 100 miles or so south of you and saw the same thing under one of my hives. maybe 100 to 150 bees dead or dying. Got mine 8 June and have been feeding 1-1 ss also. Mine are bringing in a lot of white pollen. The rest of the hive seems to be doing well. will be watching this thread also. I did see owners spraying a pecan orchard 1/2 mile away.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jodie,Wow I didn't even think about pecan orchards,I have one about a mile or so from me also:scratch:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All seems to be well now.No bees on the ground and no signs of diarhea.We had a good rain so hopefully that helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts