Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me! We are new to bee keeping...in fact we just rec'd our bees on Friday and introduced them into the hive Friday night. Everything was ok until yesterday and the bees started to collect underneath the hive. We scooped the bees up last night and placed them back in the hive but this morning they we all underneath the hive again. Can someone please tell me how to get the bees back in the hive where they will stay...We have two hives and we are pretty sure we have already lost the bees on one hive. We are desperately trying to save the other one...someone please help!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
The bees you lost from the other hive are probably the ones underneath the hive. If you're using screened bottom boards you probably forgot to put the debri tray back in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bees you lost from the other hive are probably the ones underneath the hive. If you're using screened bottom boards you probably forgot to put the debri tray back in.
No they both had the bees underneath the hive. One is in our yard and one in our field. We scooped both up last night and put them back in the hive. This morning one was under the hive and I am pretty sure the others are gone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no she came out of the cage she was shipped in. Right now I just want to get the bees that are underneath the other hive into the hive so they don't move off. Just at a loss as to what to do. They won't stay in the hive. I think the queen may be out underneath the hive also but don't know how to get them to stay in. We scooped them up and put them back in the hive last night but they were out again this morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts