Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a tree behind our office. This time of the year it gets those cluster blooms that smell strong of honey (kind of like linden tree bloom smell) and attracts bees like crazy. The whole tree is crawling with them. I was wondering if you guys can help me to figure out what it is. I wouldn't mind planting a bunch of those around my house.

Tree.jpg
Tree2.jpg

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
We have a tree behind our office. This time of the year it gets those cluster blooms that smell strong of honey (kind of like linden tree bloom smell) and attracts bees like crazy. The whole tree is crawling with them. I was wondering if you guys can help me to figure out what it is. I wouldn't mind planting a bunch of those around my house.

View attachment 11339
View attachment 11340
Chinese Tallow tree - also known as a "Popcorn Tree" It is an invasive species in Florida but blooms twice in the early summer. It is a very siggnificant honey producer. Chinese tallow honey tends to be wet, even after the bees cap it. Need to be sure and check the moisture content of your chinese Tallow honey. It als tends to crystallize fairly quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts