Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello from Australia I have only started into bee keeping middle of last year and it was a very sharp learning curve I lost my first hive to hive beetle late last year and now better prepared with two strong hives currently I look forward to learning more from this forum
thankyou
MIchael

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
More frequent monitoring is the most important also maintaining oil traps and using a sheet of chux cloth on top of frames in super keeping the area around your beehive clean no food scraps no mud but you can never keep your hive beetle free
Cheers

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
G'Day, Welcome, I have had fairly good results using nematodes for Hive beetles, In my third year using them in sample yards, and Am now going to use them in all my bee yards.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Chux cloth is a cleaning product it's a blue cloth that comes in a roll it's use is around the house wiping down tables or doing the dishes type in chux on eBay the beetle get there legs stuck in it when they try and hide inside and die

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome, those cloths are called sham-wow up here. 8) We dont have hive bettles yet, we have MOLD.. good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts