Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello one and all!!
I am so new to beekeeping I have no bees! I am in the midst of packing to move from Pennsylvania to Missouri. Right now I am simply doing research. I plan on reading as much as I can over the winter months since I have a few decisions that need to be made and I am hoping that between the books I'll be getting after I move to the stories/questions/answers I see here I make good, sound decisions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome to Beesource. beekeeping and Missouri. Hope it's a good trip for you. Sounds like a good move :) (although I do like what I've seen of PA )

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am from Missouri originally so it will be a tremendous move. I retired from the Navy in 2006, found a job that kept me here so that's the only reason I stayed. That and my wife retired from the Navy in 2009.
I won't be far from you Tavery. We'll be moving to Vienna which is 25 miles from Rolla.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Enjoy your retirement NAVET :)

Beekeeping can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be. Of course, the more you know, the better chance of your bees surviving more than a year or two. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am from Missouri originally so it will be a tremendous move. I retired from the Navy in 2006, found a job that kept me here so that's the only reason I stayed. That and my wife retired from the Navy in 2009.
I won't be far from you Tavery. We'll be moving to Vienna which is 25 miles from Rolla.
great to hear, my profile says Columbia for some reason, I am actually over by the Lake of the Ozarks, go through Vienna often. My wife is from Dixon, and have friends in your area. If I can help in anyway let me know. I have a place to make hive parts and glad to help you get started. we're not experts but we love to mess about with bees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts