Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife Phyllis and I have had our Bee's for 3 years now.Started the winter with 16 colonies as of Feb.1 we have 14.
We live beside Dolly Sods Wilderness area,really a nice place to live if you are not in to city life.Looking forward to learning from everyone on this site. Hello to all!!

Rick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello Rick! Have to let you know, your post brought a huge smile to my face, and a flood of wonderful memories... Back in '75, our senior HS biology class took a week long camping trip to Dolly Sods. That was the very best part of my senior year, haven't thought about it in a long time. Thanks for the memory jog. Welcome to Beesource.:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Rick! Have to let you know, your post brought a huge smile to my face, and a flood of wonderful memories... Back in '75, our senior HS biology class took a week long camping trip to Dolly Sods. That was the very best part of my senior year, haven't thought about it in a long time. Thanks for the memory jog. Welcome to Beesource.:)
Sure glad I could bring back good memories! Dolly Sods is still considered a unique area 4500 ft. elevation many bogs,acres of wild huckleberrys red spruce ect..They say it looks like a part of Canada. Trying to figure a way to get the bees closer to the huckleberries because most years there is acres of blooms.

Thanks for the welcomes!!

Rick/Phyllis

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Welcome aboard from another newbie to the forum. We'll be putting in our hives just east of you, on New Creek Mountain.

Almost bee heaven?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome. I am up on top of Pifer Mountain, between Parsons and Nestorville. Great state, born and raised!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts