Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hello from Tennessee

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Beth 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm Beth - and I'm about to become a newbee (instead of a wannabee) beekeeper this coming Spring. Hives (Slovenian AZ hives) are purchased, hubby is about to build a beehut and I'm about to start wiring a gazillion frames.

I am buying my bees local - they will be Carnies. I am purchasing two nucs - and will start out with two hives. I hope to be able to manage and build up to twelve AZ hives and two Layens hives. (I will probably be giving bees away until I can build up to that many!)

I have a ton of support - now if the world would just get back to normal so that I can go to one of the bee associations I belong to.

I'm excited - lots of work to do before the bees get here.

I work at home and one of my favorite things to do is write. Maybe one day I'll publish something. I live way out in ten buck two - it's super quiet and very pretty. Cows are my back yard neighbors. 😁

Nice to meet ya'all.

#3 ·
We're in Cannon County. Nice to meet you. :)

#6 ·
Thank you, Kamon, I follow you on You Tube and learn so much from you. :) Thank you (and Laurel) or taking the time to make your videos. They are incredibly helpful.

#8 ·
Thank you, Live Oak! Yes, I am buying local. :) I can't wait until I can place my order. 😁

#7 ·
message made in error - can't figure out how to delete, yet.

#10 ·
I'm in Auburntown - about thirty minutes due East of Murfreesboro and about 15, 20 minutes (depending on how fast I take the curves) North of Woodbury. I am a member of the Rutherford County Bee Association (Murfreesboro) and the Warren Co.Highland Rim Beekeepers in McMinnville.

I am going to get my bees from Kamon and Laurel - I almost bought them last year - but I really didn't feel ready, so I gave it another year. I'm so glad I did as COVID hit right after that. So, this year, it's happening. I'm going nuts waiting for January to get here so that I can place my order. laughing Lots to do until then, though.

Nice to meet you!

#12 ·
Welcome to Beesource, Beth!

Based on your introduction and follow-up comments it looks like you are entering-in with eyes wide open and well-prepared. That is over half the battle.

Best of success to you in your beekeeping adventure!
Thank you, Litsinger, this has been a long time coming.

My grandfather kept bees, and my grandmother's family kept bees for generations - it's been a lost art in our family for a couple of generations, I'm hoping to gain it back and bring my children and grandchildren back to their roots.

This year put me behind due to COVID. I still haven't been in a hive - it is beginning to look like the first hive I open will be my own. (Meh . . .little nervous about that.) I was supposed to go to a field day last May, but it was cancelled.

Any who - for now, it's getting everything built, painted, wired and paid for.

I'm glad I'm here and I'm looking forward to learning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.