Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Zone 4 Langsthroth mostly.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
I am a hobbyist in my 4th winter now with 7 hives, hope to increase to 10 if all make it though this winter. I live in rural SW Wisconsin, overwinter my bees here and hope to gain lots of knowledge through Beesource. I am actively seeking a local beekeeper group- so if you know of any close by please let me know!
My current operation is called Bee D*mned Honey Company. A percentage of all my honey sales goes to fight child abuse... Child abusers Bee D*mned!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Welcome, Beeautiful Stranger:

It sounds like you are off to a great start and I am glad to see you are getting some good local advice over on the 'Beekeeping 101' forum.

Glad to have you part of our online community, and best of success to you as you look to expand your hive count this year.

Again- welcome!

Russ

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,509 Posts
Welcome to Beesource [email protected] Honey. I commend your efforts to help stop child abuse, a truly worthy cause. We have several cheeseheads on this site, hopefully you can pick up a few pointers from them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! I have had some 'long distance' mentors, but none close by. I have been unlucky in finding a beekeeping group close to my home- the closest is approx 1 hour away :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope so! It would be great to connect with fellow 'cheeseheads' :) I grew up in Ohio, so I'm a bit of a transplant:LOL:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts