Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandfather had honey bees in his chicken yard when I was growing up. Since he just used old crates for hives with no frames, we never harvested any honey. I thought they were just pests until I took up gardening and raising fruit trees. I then found out I had no pollinators for either! This is my 3rd year keeping bees, and it has been an adventure. In that time, I've made so many mistakes, I thought the name fit!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome Bumbles. This is my 1st year, bees get picked up on Weds. I have spent hrs here reading and learned a LOT. Have you joined your Bee Keepers Assoc?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I lived in Pottstown for two years until last October. Most of my hives are in north central montgomery county.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum. I lived in Pottstown for two years until last October. Most of my hives are in north central montgomery county.
Hello! It's good to heart from a local. I'm just south of the Pottstown border in Norco. Are you a member of Montco beekeepers? I joined 3 years ago. Maybe saw or met you there?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Bumbles. This is my 1st year, bees get picked up on Weds. I have spent hrs here reading and learned a LOT. Have you joined your Bee Keepers Assoc?
Yes. My wife & I joined MCBA (Montgomery County Beekeers Association) the same year we bought our first package, and took their beginners course.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANK YOU to all who so graciously welcomed me! I look forward to learning all I can from everyone who is willing to share their knowledge. I hope I can share what I've learned so far from my "adventure", and maybe help someone as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts