Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is DJ and I have been beekeeping for 3 years. This has been the roughest of the three. 4 bear attacks and slow queens but I am managing to pull it together. There have been times when I just wanted to pack up and go home and find a new hobby but it's just too much fun and I have met some great folks. It was suggested by a friend that I visit this site and I like what I have seen so far. I am currently running 20 hives at various locations and I am in the middle of a trapout that is in its 6 day. I did one cutout last year at a church in Collinsville and managed to pull that hive through the winter. It is doing well. They are my holy bees. I did have over a 60% winter loss which was depressing but I am pushing forward in hopes of gaining experience and a thick skin. Thanks for any advice you can give.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome, I have 1 hive in the Northeast part Connecticut and 9 in Maine. It is addictive and a lot of fun. I learn much, here on beesource. Enjoy!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome to BeeSource. There are a few of us on this site from New Haven county as well, DJhoney. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about macroparasites like bears--only the microparasites like varroa, nosema, tracheal mites, etc. How have you protected your colonies from the bears?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts