Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

This will be my first year of keeping bees and I am very excited, yet wary about the adventure ahead.

Last fall I started building all of my hive body's and obtaining all the equipment I would need to start. I will be starting with two hives this spring, and hope to add a third next spring.

I have read a ton and watched endless amounts of videos, but since I do not have the time to join or drive to any regional club gatherings to ask questions, this seemed like the next best place to come.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Prickly Pear. There are quite a few of us around the N Illinois area. Best of luck. I am in Ogle county.
This is a great place to start learning about bees and people here are very helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Prickly Pear. There are quite a few of us around the N Illinois area. Best of luck. I am in Ogle county.
This is a great place to start learning about bees and people here are very helpful.
That is great to hear! I had the opportunity to make it to a couple of the workshops at the Byron Forest Preserve last summer/fall that Jeff Ludwig led. I plan to try and make it to more if time allows.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Funny, I live about 2 miles from there, and have never made it to a meeting. I am told they will place hives owned by the forest preserve on interested people's land. My neighbors had a hive and I was told (by other neighbors) that it was from the forest preserve.

I am currently without bees but hoping to catch a few swarms this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts